Language

Law and Statutes

Law

The Red Cross in Cyprus began to operate in 1950 (when the island was a British Colony) as a branch of the British Red Cross. After the establishment of the Republic of Cyprus, the Cyprus Red Cross Society (CRCS) was established as a body corporate pursuant to Law 39 of 1967 and was recognised as a Voluntary Aid Society auxiliary to the public authorities for humanitarian purposes.

The Cyprus Red Cross Society Law 39 of 1967

»

A law to establish the Cyprus Red Cross Society

21/07/1967

 

Statutes

After the adoption of the law, the work laws of the CRCS were introduced, which were revised many times until 25 January 2012, when the General Assembly approved of the new CRCS Statutes. 

The new Statutes, which is totally harmonized with its provisions and was prepared in accordance with the instructions of the International Movement, is available below: 

 

The Cyprus Red Cross Society Statutes

»

Cyprus Red Cross Society Statutes

25/1/2012